Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A First and A Last

Sunday was Charlotte's first time at church. Getting 3 up and going and dressed for church definitely took longer than expected and we ended up only making it for worship and missing class! :) I thought I had it all together: bags packed, clothes laid out, everything organized....but it still seemed to take us so much longer to get ready. So, next week we'll be starting even earlier and hoping to make it for all of church.

Charlotte looked so adorable in the dress her Mimi bought for her. I didn't get her picture in the bonnet that matched, but oh how sweet it was on her! She was just perfect the entire time and slept through the entire service, waking up as it ended in time to look around and show off her pretty eyes.
Also on Sunday, I realized this is the last time my little boy would be dressed in one of his sweet smocked outfits. When I dressed him on Sunday, his outfit was just a bit too tight; so we wore it one last time. I haven't bought any more like it since I'd always said that I'd start dressing him in "big boy" clothes when he turned 3. Three has come and gone and I guess it's time, although I know he'll be wearing knee socks for awhile because he insists on wearing them to church. He calls them his "big socks." :) It makes me sad to see him looking so big. It's amazing how fast time goes and I'm wanting time to go as slow as possible with Charlotte. However, I have a feeling it's going to go by all too fast.

Here's a picture of my little sweeties on Sunday after church. Don't they look just precious! I'm one proud mama!

No comments: