Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sisters

I love how much Madeleine loves Charlotte, and I love that Charlotte just lights up whenever she sees her sister. Madeleine is so gentle and patient with her; she never gets tired of "entertaining" Charlotte. And what a great little helper! Madeleine is the first to run and find a paci or burper. She helps feed Charlotte babyfood and picks out her clothes. I thought that with their difference in ages, her interest in Charlotte might wear off after awhile, but her love for her has just grown stronger each and every day. I've really tried to encourage her helpfulness and make time to show her how to take care of Charlotte in was that she safely can. And they have grown such a strong bond. I hope and pray that they are always so close and love each other so much.

I took these pictures the other day when they were just being silly. I love those girls!
And, one of Miss Charlotte showing off her new trick....up on all 4s rocking back and forth. Look out -- soon she'll be crawling!

This is my favorite picture. It might look staged, but it's totally candid! It's my new background on my computer. :)

2 comments:

Zac and Mandy said...

Such sweet pictures! I was in kindergarden when my youngest sister was born. I was like her second mama because I just loved taking care of her. When I left for college she just cried and cried.

~aj~ said...

That sisterly bond is just too precious for words. I'm sure they will always be the best of friends.