Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Charlotte at 8 Months!

As each month passes, Charlotte just gets busier & busier. She's still the sweet bubbly baby that she's always been and I just love that about her! She gets excited so easily. When I pick her up from her nap she jumps up & down in my arms.

She loves to pat-a-cake and for us to bounce her up & down on our knee. She cackles and has this hilarious belly laugh when we do that! Matt & I find ourselves laughing right along with her so much of the time; she just has a contagious laugh. And she has pretty much constant entertainment at our house. We've noticed this month that when she's not being entertained, she's starting to let us know that she's not too happy about it. We've heard her fuss for the first time in the past few weeks. Although, after an entire week of being around our extended family, I think it might be that she's gotten just a wee bit spoiled & used to being held. :) But, who can blame her, she's just so adorable!

She's still working on getting her first tooth. Right now it's a guessing game as to which tooth will pop through first because both her top & bottom gums looks like they could burst. She's been such a trooper through all of it, but the past few nights she's been up some fussing. Poor girl!

This is my first attempt at her 8 month photo. She grabs everything within her reach & puts in her mouth. And, when she's finished slobbering all over it, she's learned to toss it behind her. She' s still not crawling (insert sigh of relief....our house is nowhere near babyproofed yet) but I don't think it will be too much longer. She can turn herself around in a circle and get to what she wants. She can do a bit of an inchworm crawl, but only to get to something just out of her reach. Now that she's sitting really well, she prefers to play that way & crawling has taken a backseat.




I just love this girl! She's started saying "mamama" intentionally when she wants me and it melts my heart every time. I just never get tired of hearing her talking. There are so many things I love about Charlotte....how she lights up when Matt gets home, how if I'm holding her & Matt is close by she reaches for him and if he has her she'll reach for me, like she wants to have her arms around both of us at the same time....how she grabs our cheeks and gives the slobberyist sweetest kisses over and over....how she is incredibly ticklish.....the way that she can just peek over the top of her bumperpad on her crib & I love walking in and seeing those little eyes peeking out at me.
Our lives are so so much more fun, more interesting, happier thanks to our sweet little Charlotte.




No comments: