Monday, February 2, 2015

Turning 36

I had a fabulous 36th birthday -- and now I'm officially closer to 40 than 30. :) My birthday fell on a Friday this year and I'd worked hard all week and the laundry was done and the house was clean and I'd planned to have a fun day with Charlotte. It turned out to be a little different than planned, but fun all the same -- we spent a big chunk of the day up at a new gym for Charlotte -- getting her placed and enrolled in "real" gymnastics. And one of the classes was that day so we killed some time and came back for it. 

We picked up the kids and headed home so I could get ready for the evening. Matt had a sitter coming that night so we could go to dinner. We went early to my favorite Carrabbas -- soo good! -- and then came home and had cake with the kids. Matt ordered my favorite strawberry filled cake and it was super yummy!


The kids had some sweet gifts for me -- my favorite candles and the first season of a show I love. And, they all had cards for me. The cards are my most favorite part of my birthday. The kids worked on them and I loved them!



No comments: