Thursday, March 12, 2015

February Wrap Up

Well now that we are clost to half way to March, I'm finally around to wrapping up the random February pics on my phone! 

This came home in Harrison's folder -- although I'd already seen it from being up in his classroom that day. :) His MAPS scores were awesome! These are his "goals" but his actual scores were 212 in BOTH reading & math. That puts him at an end of year 5th grade level. He is one smart kid! His teacher keeps telling me that he is blowing AR (which they started at the end of january) out of the water. He passed almost 70 test the first 6 weeks! And because his reading level is so high, he has to read chapter books or non fictions books for this to count! Granted, he started AR with quite a repertoire of books to test on and he had some frustration that even some chapter books he'd read were too "easy" and didn't count (ahem, Magic TreeHouse, Stink). She said his AR score is like 4 times higher than any other kid. Go Harrison! His AR level is 4th and 5th grade which means he is easily reading 2-3 grade levels ahead....and in his reading group they are tackling novels that Madeleine read in her reading group last year, like Shiloh and Charlotte's Web. I'm so thankful that my boy loves to read! 
Madeleine got glasses this month! She looks just gorgeous in them! They are only for reading far away and TV when she's not sitting close.
Harrison celebrated the 100 day of school. He was such a cutie!
This is my view most morning when I get out of bed. :) Charlotte goes through phases when she gets in bed with us almost every night and we are certainly in that phase now. But, it won't last forever and I know that the days of having a kiddo in our bed are numbered. 
Madeleine had her first school dance! She looked beautiful! She went with a bunch of her girlfriends and they had the best time! I'm so thankful for the sweet friends she's mad this year.

Well, we thought we were going to get through the winter without seeing any real snow on the ground, and then it came....and kept on coming. It snowed every week it seemed for most of February! We are ready for spring!

Madeleine had an incentive day in February. It was rescheduled because of snow, but she finally got to take it. We hit the library, lunch at Panda Express (her choice) and a trip to Southern Trend to look for a softball pig shirt. It was a great day! And, it turned out that the next 2 days we were out for snow, so she got to have a little mini-break.

I snapped these pics of my girls working one afternoon. Madeleine was doing her homework, and Charlotte had to to her "homework" too. She wants to be just like her big sis. I am so thankful that my girls love each other so much!



No comments: