Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Four

Four. Four? FOUR!!!!! I'm having such a hard time believing that my little girl is 4 years old today! I think this birthday is bittersweet......I've been excited to see her face when she opens her presents and then experience the joys of the day with her, but it also feels like my "baby" is gone for good. She's growing into such a sweet little girl, and she really is getting so big. She listens to EVERYTHING we say & then duplicates it. She "play-acts" what we do......cooking, mothering (poor Harrison, he's got 2 moms!) making lists, etc. She's extremely independent, but still needs so much encouragement to know that she can do it.

I have enjoyed every single moment with my little girl. She is pure joy to me. I love that she wants to help me do anything from laundry to cooking to changing Harrison. :) She is such a sweet big sister & constantly looks out for Harrison. She includes him in her play & takes the time to show him what she's doing. She's a natural caregiver.

She's also got some amazing athletic talent (which did NOT come from me) and today she even hit a golf ball over the fence! She's also good at soccer and baseball. :) Got those from her dad.

Outside of the athletic talent, I see so much of myself in her. She loves to read. She is quite a talker (yes, I know I deserve that mom & dad!) and will literally talk to me ALL DAY LONG. She's basically a running commentary on our daily life......which I LOVE. :) Poor Harrison's never gonna get a word in. She's inquisitive and very smart. She can write and spell her name. She will sit and write words and color or draw for hours. She can draw a mean lookin' horse as well as daisies.

And, she's growing up too fast. When I was pregnant it seemed like she'd NEVER get here......


But she came, right on time! Madeleine was born on her due date after just a few hours of labor. I really couldn't believe that she was really ours. It seemed like a dream at first. All I wanted to do was hold her.
I love this face.
She was so tiny & we had to go out and buy preemie clothes for her.....nothing we had would fit!
Her daddy fell in love with her at first sight.
Giving Daddy kisses.






The first year flew by......here she is on her 1st birthday. (and yes, she & Harrison look SO MUCH alike!)




Celebrating birthday number 2.



Turning 3....and finally getting some hair! Hurray!

Getting ready for FOUR! Yep, we got 2 years out of the birthday dress. :)
Sweet girl.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Miss Madeleine! I can't believe that you are already 4 years old. I hope that you have a wonderful birthday!