Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Madeleine's Birthday

This post is long overdue, since Madeleine's birthday was a week ago! She had such a wonderful day this year, one that she's been looking forward to for WEEKS! It's been fun to see the anticipation building (wonder what the Christmas anticipation will be like????) and I've been so looking forward to seeing her face when she wakes up on her birthday to this:

She got up, went into the living room, saw the house & gifts, ran to me......"oh, mommy, thank you!".....ran to Matt....."oh, daddy, thank you!" Isn't that sweet?! Since Matt was home for the morning, she got to open her presents right then! I grew up opening gifts on the morning of my birthday which means you get to play ALL DAY with the new toys! :) And, did we have some new toys.....
Harrison wasn't too thrilled he didn't get to help! I love this face! It's his new, "I'm just not happy about this" face. :)
Madeleine got some new Dora Legos, a little piano, a cash register (which is so cool -- it even comes with bar codes that you can scan & ring up prices!), dress up clothes, princess playset, food playset and new PJs. And the Rose Petal Cottage was a huge hit! I'd highly recommend it. They get in there and play for hours and I can peak in the chimney and see them giggling and playing in their own little world.
Modeleing her new Belle Dress with Fancy Nancy Red Shoes!
That night, we had a family party at our house. As usual, Madeleine was spoiled by her grandparents with presents! Madeleine wanted a princess cake, so I gave it my best shot. Here's what the cake looked like.....
She loved it! All day long, she kept going to the fridge and opening the door just to look at the cake. I was thrilled she like it and had such a fun time doing that for her. We also had little crown and glass slipper cookies to go with the cake.
My little superstars the next morning.......gorgeous!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Props for the cake. That's impressive!

Jamie said...

Your cake looked great! It's neat that Madeleine liked it so much.