Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Harrison is 23 Months!

I can't believe that in a little under 4 weeks we'll be celebrating Harrison's second birthday! Where has my little baby gone???? He's definitely showing some signs of a true two year old as we get closer to the big day!

* Harrison is now fighting back when Madeleine takes his toys/bosses him around. He will fuss back at her (it's about time!). They're having to learn to compromise a lot more these days.

*He has learned to count! He can count to three on his own and to ten with just a little help.

*He is still quite a momma's boy, which I love. He is constantly giving hugs and kisses to all of us. He loves to come running to me and throws his arms around my neck and squeezes so hard! I love it!!!

*He is a champion sleeper -- in his bed! When I say naptime, he'll run to his room, get a book and climb in the chair and wait for me. When we're through, he'll get another book, put it in the crib and wait for me to lift him in. Then he'll read his book and roll over and go to sleep. Wonderful!!!

*He's is really getting into boyish toys. He loves cars and will "drive" them all over my walls. He also loves farm things and animals. He also likes to color and I'm constantly finding stickers all over my house!

*He has discovered Dora. This little guy would watch Dora 24/7 if I'd allow it. His favorite is Swiper and he'll wave his hands and try and say "swiper no swiping." When he sees swiper on the TV he yell's "uh-oh" over and over.

*He is sooooo fascinated with Christmas. Every time he sees a christmas tree he will scream. He went wild over our neighbor's lights when he saw the for the first time. He's doing really great about staying away from the tree, so far. He has two favorite ornaments -- a house and a cat. The cat ornament is in the back of the tree and I'm often hearing a "meow, meow" behind the tree. He just stands and points at it and meows.

*He's learning how to build with the legos. He gets so proud of himself when he puts 2 pieces together. He'll clap for himself and yell "yay."

*We're working on having an inside voice because most of the time Harrison has one volume -- LOUD!

*He is still into everything! I have to work hard to stay one step ahead of him. He's becoming such a climber and his new favorite thing to do is climb into his feeding chair and buckle himself in......only problem is that he can't unbuckle yet so he just screams until I come get him out.

*He's such a ham! When we start laughing at something he's doing, he'll continue to do it only with more exagerated movements, just for a laugh. He can be extremely animated and makes the cutest faces -- especially with those dimples! He love the camera, most of the time, and will say "cheese" whenever I get it out!

I can't imagine what we'd have done if this little boy hadn't been part of our lives! He's just pure joy!


No comments: