Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We decided spur of the moment this weekend that we just needed to get away and this might be our last chance for awhile.....so we packed up and headed to Branson for some fun! Our first stop was Fuddruckers -- our favorite place to eat there! They have the yummiest hamburgers and milkshakes.

Madeleine being goofy while waiting for our dinner. :)
The chocolate milkshake was the star of their show! They chowed down on it first.
Here's Daddy, happy to be away for awhile! We all needed a break after the busy summer we had....funny, huh? And this semester is going to be nuts with Matt taking 6 hours of doctoral classes!! So, he's taking in this time away! :)
The kids LOVE staying in hotels! I mean, I think we could just go to any hotel, hang out and they'd be happy! So easy-peasy to please aren't they?? We booked a hotel with an indoor pool so they could swim (I was just the picture taker -- no one needs to see my big belly in a swimsuit!). The water was nice and warm and they had such fun!
Harrison in his favorite position on Daddy's back. Thankfully he's not TOO heavy yet! ha!
My cautious girl hanging onto the side and "swimming."
Another reason for heading to Branson was to do some shopping! I realized last week when we had some cool days that Harrison didn't have any long sleeved shirts that fit (I actually took him out in a 24 month outfit since it was the only thing he had warm enough!). So we hit the stores hard and I found LOTS of great bargain.....along with everyone else in Missouri, I think! That place was crowded!
We kept the kids happy by riding every ride along the sidewalk. Twice. :) This horse was by far their favorite!

Here's their mode of transportation. I left the double stroller at home which ended up being good since there were so many people there and it would have been hard to maneuver. So, matt was our workhorse!
We also had to stop for some good ol' bluebell ice cream one afternoon!
These kids LOVE ice cream. I think it's in their blood! :)
Here's another favorite ride.
I think her smile says it all, don't you??
We all had a great time and are hoping to squeeze in another trip sometime this fall if we can just find the time!

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

I've got the perfect idea. We should do a family trip to Branson together sometime! We LOVE to go to Branson and our boys are happy as clams to stay in hotel rooms. :)

Glad you guys were able to get away for the weekend. It looks like a great time!