Thursday, September 10, 2009

Second First Day of School

Yesterday was Harrison first day of preschool! He's going to be going to MDO two mornings a week and he's been looking forward to it ever since Madeleine started kindergarden. He was super excited to get dressed and get ready and be a "big boy" and go to school too!

Here he is all ready to go! Such a handsome boy!
I wasn't sure if the excitement would last through drop off, but he did GREAT! I was thrilled to leave a happy kiddo. He has several kids in his class from last year, so there were some familiar faces which was nice. As soon as we got in his room he headed for some toys and waved bye to me and that was that! :)

I have to admit that having 4 entire hours to myself was WONDERFUL! I got through my grocery shopping in record time, worked out and did laundry....I really know how to party, huh?!?!
The BEST part was pickup time! I walked into his room to find him playing happily and when he looked up and saw me he ran to me with open arms yelling "mama, mama." I think I got the biggest hug EVER!! Since we're together practically every minute of every day, I don't usually get the excited missed-you-hugs, so I enjoyed every moment!
As soon as we got home, he had to immediately take his artwork from the day and hang it on the fridge. The pride on his face when he did that was unforgettable. Usually it's Madeleine that brings home papers for the fridge and I think he's been waiting for his turn! I can't wait to see all the cute stuff he does this year....he's got such a sweet teacher and I'm so thankful for this sweet little school!

No comments: