Friday, January 8, 2010

12 Days to Go!

The end is finally in sight! We're counting the days around here until this little one is due to arrive....even Madeleine has started her own little countdown. She's counting the days on a paper in her room since I told her the baby would be here in about 14 days....sure hope this one is on time! :)

I think we're as ready as we're going to be. My new freezer is stocked with our favorite meals and the pantry is stocked with breakfast and lunch staples. All my lists are made and ready for when I'm in the hospital. The kids hospital fun bag is full of new goodies to keep them occupied. I have 2 bags -- a boy and girl bag -- to bring with me filled with pacis, socks, blankies, etc. and newborn clothes for both. I've decided to keep the nursery VERY basic for now and order bedding/curtains and paint after we know whether it's a he or she. We've finally settled on names -- no easy task -- and all we need now is a baby! :)

Right now we're in the process of deciding whether to induce this coming week or wait and see if I go into labor on my own. There are definitely pro/cons to both. Since our families live out of town it would be nice to know exactly when this baby would be born and it would help with the childcare issue. However, there's something exciting about NOT knowing the day in advance as well. I change my mind hourly about this -- based on how I'm feeling at the moment! Ha!

At my last dr. appointment, I was 2 cm, 90% effaced and the baby was at a -2 station, which was good for 37 1/2 weeks. The dr. thinks this baby will be around 7 lbs (between the sizes of madeleine and harrison).....that's one reason I may opt to wait until my due date for induction. It might just need all the time in there it can get! :)

Generally, I feel pretty good, although I'm definitely getting more uncomfortable every day. This baby is currently "sunny side up" which means I'm getting some very sore ribs from being poked by it's feet! I've been having LOTS and LOTS of contractions -- but with no pattern to them. BOO! And, I'm open to any suggestions any moms out there have for getting labor going. :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

I been thinking about you. I'm glad you made it through this snow and cold with no labor! Hayden came home to the ice storm and no power for a week---no fun! I can't wait to hear what baby Wilson is!