Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Past Few Days

We've had a busy few days around our house. Overall, I think the transition to 3 has been the easiest yet. It seems like my body adjusted much easier and quicker to being up at night and being tired this time. The hardest part has been feeling like I don't have enough time for Madeleine and Harrison --- Charlotte just takes up SO much of my time right now and I'm struggling with finding a balance, but I know that will come with time. Madeleine and Harrison have been amazing during this transition, but at the same time, they both want ME a lot of the time -- to dress them or bathe them or read to them. And, I miss having the time to do that.

Our first night at home was by far the worst. Charlotte cried unless one of us was holding her, eventually waking up Harrison around 5am -- and he didn't go back to sleep. So, by 7am we were all up. Fun fun fun. By 11am we were all cranky and needing a nap!

Since then every night has been better. Charlotte quickly adjusted to sleeping in her bed in our room and last night even slept for 5 hours straight! She usually just wakes up at night and eats then goes right back to sleep which is wonderful! I'm hoping she'll keep this up!

Saturday night we gave Charlotte her first bath at home. She was pretty unhappy at first, but quickly calmed down and seemed to even enjoy some of it. And, oh how sweet she smelled after that bath! I love how babies smell after their baths!

I also have to add that Harrison is so concerned about her unbilical cord. He frets about it every time we change her diaper and we have to continually explain that it's part of her belly button and it will fall out soon. That brings his worry about where it will fall out and he keeps telling us it's going to hurt her. He almost cries every time we have this conversation. It makes me smile every time because he's so in tune to how she's feeling and worries about her.

The rest of our weekend was spent hanging around in our jammies and having some good family time. We also celebrated my birthday on Saturday and I got an IPod I'm super excited about getting to use when I get back to exercising -- SOON!

We did lots of loving on our new baby. I just can't seem to get enough time holding her!
I'm not the only one that can't get enough of her. I'm trying to let the kids hold her whenever they ask, so a lot of my day is spend "helping" them hold her.....although they usually only last about 3 minutes! Madeleine had tested out all our baby gear on her baby dolls and been very into playing mommy this past week.
Madeleine also has figured out how to use my digital camera and has become our unofficial family photographer.

On Monday we took Charlotte for her first doctor's appointment. It was my first time to visit our pediatricians new offices and they are so nice! We were practically the only ones in there and the visit was super quick -- always nice! Here she is all bundled up and ready to see the doctor.
Harrison got to go along for the ride. He was enthralled with the fish tank. It was filled with the fish from Nemo and we had fun picking out all the characters.
Of course, Charlotte checked out perfectly! She was down to 6lbs 10oz and was 18.75 inches long. So, she's a tiny little thing! Hopefully, her weight will be back up by our appointment next week....she's eating ALL THE TIME!


Look at her long fingers.....they are beautiful! She also has the longest toes! :) She has already changed so much, just in the past couple of days! She's awake so much more and looking around. I love this time when they are so little and just want to be held and cuddled. It goes by so fast and I'm trying to soak up every moment.

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

I'm dying to get my hands on that sweet Charlotte again. I'm so glad you updated...I've been a curious monkey over here, wondering how it's all going. ;)