Sunday, December 26, 2010

Charlotte at 11 months

First let me back up a little bit & post Charlotte's 10 month picture which I never got around to posting.
And, now her 11th month. She's changed so much in the past 2 months that they've run together in some ways. First of all, in she got 5 1/2 (one is almost in) in just 6 weeks. At her 9 month appointment, she was completely toothless. Now, she has almost 6! Wow! And, she's been a dream teether. Just a couple of fussy moments from it & no interrupted sleep. :)

This was the best picture I could get this month. She refused to keep the 11th month sign out of her mouth!
These days Miss C is one pretty busy gal! Every morning after breakfast she makes her "rounds" as I call them. She crawls around the house, looking for anything that's been left within her reach that she can get into. Then she usually heads back to the breakfast area to her "poop spot" to take care of business. ;)
She's into everything these days. She loves cords, wires, etc. She wants to be right where Madeleine & Harrison are playing and if she can't get into the playroom with them, I'll find her looking in the door (it's glass). Sometime I put her big garden in the doorway & she'll play there happily since she can see what's going on.
She also spends a good bit of her time at my feet, right where I am. I have to double check before closing a door/fridge/drawer to make sure she's not right there. She's found the tupperware drawer and loves to play in the fridge door too! These will keep her entertained for quite awhile most days.
She's still a great eater. I think she's going to wean herself off of babyfood in the next few weeks. It's become a lot of work to get her to eat it -- she'd much rather feed herself. She looooves the Gerber meat sticks (ick!) and apples and most of the veggies I've given her. She tried spagetti for the first time this month and seemed to like it. Although it made the biggest mess!

Charlotte has started to snuggle with us this month. When I go in to pick her up in the mornings or from her nap, she turns into me and tucks her arms under her and just curls into me. I love this! She also will lay her head on my shoulder when we're around strangers or she's shy. At bedtime when we're rocking her she'll lay her head on our shoulder and make these soft little sighs that are so sweet. I'll never forget that sound. Ever.
She's still very very chatty. She babbles all day long. She babble in the car, which drives Harrison nuts since he can't hear the TV. :) She can say mama, dada, bye bye and hi. She's trying to say "bath" too. She can wave and loves to clap. Her new favorite thing to do is dance! She dances to the TV, in church and to the music on the radio. It's so cute. She'll be crawling along and as soon as the music comes on she stops in her tracks and dances! She's also discovered the windows and loves to look outside. I love seeing those little handprints on the panes too.
She's started to play a game with matt. When he'll ask her to say "dada" she looks at him with the biggest grin and says "mama." She'll say dada when she wants him for something, but this is her game!
She's still not standing on her own which doesn't surprise me. She's been the most content baby and I think she's not going to stand until she actually needs to do it.
Charlotte still loves for us to read to her. Her favorite song is God Made the Big Round Sun and she can do the motions. I probably sing this 25 times a day!! She still loves her paci and chews it on one side of her mouth a lot of the time (like a cigar! Ha!)
As we celebrated Christmas this year, it's been hard for me to imagine that this time last year we didn't even know if we were going to be adding a boy or girl to our family. Charlotte has filled our lives with such joy and happiness. She is such a sweet baby and has made my already wonderful life even better!

No comments: