Monday, December 20, 2010

Harrison's Gingerbread Party

I'm way behind on blogging, but hopefully with Matt off this week I can get caught up! This Christmas season has been so very busy for us and with Harrison's birthday right in the middle of it all, there were some crazy days!


I decided this year that I wanted to do something special, but low-stress for his birthday. It seems like everyone has something going on each weekend, so I decided to do a little party for his last Tuesday morning. We invited his best buds over to make gingerbread houses. I made little houses for everyone and set out candy and icing. I know that their attention span is pretty short, so I made the houses little and just let them decorate away!
Harrison woke up that morning telling me that he only wanted Brooklyn to sing to him at his party. He loves this girl!
Bennett was mostly interested in spreading the icing. His mom got to do most of the decorating. :)
And, this is our newest friend Cooper. We were so thankful that he was able to join us!
I didn't get a good picture of Mallory Kate and her adorable candy cane face. :) She was too cute! And, we were so sad that Harrison's best bud Drew wasn't able to join us. :( Harrison kept telling me all day long "Drew is so so so so late." He just kept waiting for Drew to come!
After decorating their houses, the kids had some snacks and cupcakes. Then we opened presents and they played in our playroom for the rest of the morning. It was the perfect laid-back party! The kids had fun playing together and we moms got a chance to gab as well!

Wednesday we'll be celebrating Harrison's real birthday with a Thomas party with our family! But, I'm so thankful that his friends were able to come celebrate with us a bit early!

No comments: