Friday, July 22, 2011

Parkin' It

While Matt did end up taking off a good part of this summer (although not quite as much as we'd planned -- more on that in another post!) he spent the first couple of weeks attending some professional development. One day the kids and I made the most of a rare cool morning and headed to the park -- and with our record-breaking heat wave, I'm so thankful we did!

We absolutely love Wilson Park in F'ville! It's perfect for all of my kids even with their very different ages. Our first stop was the sand/swings. Charlotte hates the sand, but was quite happy to be pushed in the swings while Madeleine & Harrison played in the sand.
My Sand Man! I'm sure we brought home at least a quart of sand in his pants/pockets! He would sit and play in the sand all day if I'd let him!


Madeleine had been wanting to go for awhile so she could show off her new monkey bars skills. She'd been working on them a school for awhile and could go backwards and forwards. She was pretty proud of herself!





And, Charlotte discovered the slide. Madeleine was such a great helper and would take Charlotte up to the top of the slide and help her go down and I would catch her. We probably did this 20 times! And, there was a wee bit of a fit when it was time to leave the slide behind!!!




Such a wonderful summer morning with my sweeties!

No comments: