Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Countdown Begins

Harrison asked me the other night to create a countdown for his birthday, which is next week. Poor guy waits a whole 362 days for gifts and then gets all of them in a 3 day period. I really try and make his birthday separate from Christmas, so in the midst of all the Christmas hub-bub we get a day to stop and celebrate our little guy!

Since it was later at night, I didn't have much on hand, but we made a countdown from what we had and it made him very happy! He takes off a sheet each day until the big day arrives. It's one of the highlights of his morning. Between finding Hermie, doing our countdown to Christmas calendar and this, he's happy to pop up out of bed each morning!


Not the best picture, but he wanted to be in it. While he's anticipating his birthday and it can't get here quickly enough, I'm the opposite. I can't believe my little guy will be 5....which mean that this year he'll be starting kindergarten. This is one of those birthdays that will make my heart soar and hurt all at the same time.

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

Love the bed head. ;) He just LOOKS like a 5 year old with that big boy haircut.