Friday, December 16, 2011

Madeleine's School Party

Today was Madeleine's winter party at her school. Matt and I had planned awhile back that he would take off 1/2 a day so I could be up there without my two little "helpers." I really wanted to be able to focus on my big girl and making this day special for her. And, since I'm the co-homeroom mom in Madeleine's class (and the homeroom mom for another 2nd grade class where no moms volunteered to do it and I took it on), I needed to be able to move around and help out. It ended up working out better than we'd expected because all the IF's had their Christmas exchange/lunch and then their boss let them quit early for the day! So, Matt met me up there and picked up the little ones and Madeleine and I had some fun party time!

Our plan for both classes was to watch "The Polar Express," have a PJ day and nibble on party foods. We also did a hot chocolate bar, complete with mini & chocolate marshmellows, whip cream, and red/green sprinkles or mini chocolate chips for toppings. :) That was quite a hit!

It's amazing the difference in the kids from last year to this year. They are much more quite and focused. They sat and watched the entire movie and had a blast!

Mrs. L had tickets for them to color and fill out for the "Polar Express."
Then, at the same time as the movie -- she went around and punched their cards in the shape of their initial. Such a fun idea!

It was a fun day for both of us! I didn't take too many pictures because I was trying to help out in both classes, but there was some down time where I was able to sit and watch with her too. I'm so thankful for these one-on-one times with her!

No comments: