Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Letter C and the Number 2

Today we celebrated Charlotte's second birthday a couple of days early with our playgroup. We hosted them in our home for a Sesame Street themed breakfast. I have to say this was the perfect way, in my opinion, for us to celebrate our sweet girl. Since it was just my group of "mommy friends" and their kids that we spend so much time with it lessened the stress of having everything perfect. The kids are used to playing together and all know each other well, and we mommies got a chance to visit too. :)

We started out with breakfast and then ended up with cupcakes just before everyone went home. We had quite a crew of 10 kiddos (6 of them 1 year olds!) and their mommies. Just like with Harrison, these are Charlotte friends -- the kids we play and worship with. They will grow and be a part of her "family" and it makes it all so wonderful for her to get to spend those special days with them.

I'd planned to do a Ladybug theme for her birthday (FYI -- if you're wanting a ladybug party, just check my Pinterest page, it's all laid out for you!). But, in just the past couple of weeks, she's fallen in love with Sesame Street, especially Elmo. In fact, if we ask her "Who loves you?" She'll immediately answer "ELMO" which she pronounces "yello."


Elmo cookies

Elmo cupcakes
Goldfish in cups

Early pic of the table



Goodie bags I made ~ filled with playdoh, bubbles, Elmo stickers and C's favorite fruit snacks.









I really wanted to do something simple for her birthday. I wanted us to be able to enjoy having our friends here and spend time talking and playing with them.

I only got a few pics of the kiddos because, ummmm, these kids are busy! It was a wild and fun morning. I thought at one point, how happy it makes me to have our home filled with friends and laughter and noise.

A huge thanks to my friend, AJ, for taking these pics. Charlotte didn't quite know what to do with those candles, but after I blew them out, she figured it out. Then she kept yelling "mommy!" and pretend blowing on her cupcake. I think she'll be ready when it's time for her birthday cake on friday!

Drew and Harrison were there to make sure that candle got blown out! She loves her bubba and that Drew too! And I think he loves Charlotte just a wee bit back. :)

Charlotte was quick to dive into her HUGE cupcake. Those were the most massive cupcakes and all that sugar sure made for a hyper girl later on, but it was oh so good!

I'm so thankful for our sweet friends that came to celebrate our sweet girl today! It was the most wonderful morning!

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

I can't believe you've already got this morning blogged. Super Mom!

We had such a great time at your home with all our favorite friends. Drew SO did not want to leave. We love Miss Charlotte and hope she has a great birthday on Friday!

PS I'm going to pin those goodie bags! :)