Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Branson Bound

We did a family trip to Branson in July for a couple of days just to get away. We swam and made good use of our SDC passes! The kids were excited to get out of town (who am I kidding, we were all excited) and go to Branson.
 
I think we actually picked the hottest days of July to go. We didn't last long at SDC and ended up swimming at the pool lots. The heat was killer those days and trekking around outside got to us. The first day we parked and decided to walk up the hill to SDC instead of waiting in line for the tram -- the line was long and we got there faster walking, but that walk almost did us in! We decided to try a water ride, which surprisingly didn't have a long line. Out of all of us, I'm the only one that got completely soaked and after that I was pretty much done. Nothing like walking around in soaking wet pants and shoes in the blazing heat. It was not a happy time for me.
 
I was much happier when we got back to the pool and went swimming! The water felt great, it wasn't crowded and we had such a fun family time!





 We did dinner that night at Fuddruckers! We were all starving after that full day of fun.

 Then it was Marble Slab for dessert. Yum!

 The rest of the trip was more of the same. It was a great time!



 We can't do a trip to Branson without stopping to do bumper boats! I stayed out and took pictures this time -- last time I got so soaked that we drove home with my shorts hanging out the window to dry -- and crossing our fingers the whole way that we wouldn't get stopped for anything! Ha!

This was a perfect little getaway for the 5 of us! We are hoping to get to go back this fall once things settle back into a routine.

No comments: