Monday, August 26, 2013

End of Summer Fun

The last few weeks of our summer were full of fun. I decided to take a break from blogging and not worry about keeping up with documenting all of it and instead, just live it. I knew I'd have time to catch up once we were back into our routine and I wanted to enjoy every moment that I had all my kiddos at home with me!
 
And, now I have the massive task of sorting through many, many photos and catching up. :)
 
So, here goes --
 
We saw a lot of movies this summer! We went to the kids movies at our local theater several times as well as seeing other new releases. This is the first year that movies are more fun than work and I took full advantage of it!
 Harrison got to spend some time with some of his favorite buds!
 Grammy & Pops came and spent a fun weekend with us! We had planned a fishing trip with the other W family for that weekend and were excited that Grammy & Pops came too! It was a gorgeous day, the fish were biting good and we all had such a fun time!







 We had a great time with Grammy & Pops and are already looking forward to them coming back!

Poor Charlotte -- this summer was tough on her trying to keep up with the 2 big kids. She didn't nap very often and one day I found her like this...
 We did tons of swimming at our pool this year! I'm thankful for a pool that is so close to us and we enjoyed it this year -- probably our last. The big kids are quickly outgrowing the shallow pool since it only goes to 4.5 feet. Next year we'll probably do something different.

 Another pic of Charlotte sleeping. There were mornings when she slept in until after 9. I was worried that the school year schedule would be rough on her, but so far she's done fine.
 Sno cones! We had a cute retro sno cone shack open up in Farmington in August and we've been loving some sno cones after swimming!
 Harrison had his bi-annual allergist appt in late July. I don't know why I made it for 8am in the summer. What was I thinking?! Matt stayed home with the kids and this guy and I made the visit. He's still doing great -- no accidents this year. And, our sweet allergist talked me through how to introduce peanuts to Charlotte. We have been extra careful with her since Harrison is allergic.

After our appt, he wanted McDs for breakfast. I loved having a breakfast date with my favorite 6 year old!
 We hung out with the Scogin gals a lot this summer! Poor Harrison was the only boy, but he's used to playing with girls and was quite a trooper! Madeleine & Lindsey hit it off right away and have become good little friends this summer. I'm so thankful for this new friendship for her!

 And, these 2 are old friends by now. They have gotten to playing together so good! And, I'm thankful for the friendship of these girls sweet mama too -- she's quite an answer to prayer for me. When my good friend Sarah moved last year, I was missing having a friend close by and while I still miss Sarah so much, I'm thankful that my prayer was answered and a new friend was discovered!
 We looked outside one night after dinner and saw this little guy crossing our yard! I've seen him out back several times by the pond, but I guess he felt like exploring that night -- he walked all around our part of the neighborhood!
 We discovered Shark Week ice cream at Cold Stone! We watched tons of shark week this year and this was such a fun way to add to the experience.


No comments: