Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Madeleine's Birthday {Part 2}

We had a fun time as a family on Madeleine's birthday this year. Turning 10 is a big deal in my book -- and it certainly pulled on my heartstrings like no other birthday has. I still have a hard time believing that it has been 10 years since I first held this girl in my arms and yet I have a hard time remembering life before motherhood. This is the little girl that made me a mom and I have loved every moment with her; the time really has gone by too fast. 

We had some fun things planned on her big day. We started with her favorites for breakfast -- pancakes, bacon and our family birthday must have: Paris Puffins.

Then we let her open her gifts. We completely surprised her this year with her own Ipod -- she had no idea and was so excited! It was such a fun thing to catch her off guard and give her such a fun gift! 

Matt was off that day and took the big kids bowling that afternoon. Then we headed to Red Robin for birthday dinner.

We came back home and had cake and ice cream for dessert. Her cake turned out super cute!


Happy birthday to my sweet girl! We are so proud of you and the beautiful young girl you have become -- not only on the outside, but more importantly on the inside.

No comments: