Monday, May 18, 2015

Kindergarten Ready!

These past few week have been wreaking havoc on me. It seemed like every time I turned around there was another reminder that this little one is rapidly approaching her first day of school. I know that I'll never be truly ready for this, but I'm trying to get a least a little bit ready! She is so excited about going to kindergarten! She's been watching her big brother & sister her whole life (literally -- she was sitting in carpool at just 5 days old!) and now it's her turn.

We got her registered for kindergarten in late April. While I filled out paperwork, Charlotte went back with the teachers and did a short evaluation (numbers, letters, colors, shapes) and they took her picture and she made a picture frame for it. One of the teachers told me that they stopped her when she reached 100 in her counting, so we can already check that off the list for next year! Ha!
Can you see her excitement! And, I can't help but think she looks like a teenage here with that jean jacket!
The next week was her last day of Rainbow School at church. She has loved being there every Tuesday. Rainbow School has been just perfect for both of us this year. I knew that I wanted to soak up as many moments as possible with this sweetie this last year at home, but having 2 hours a week to myself was nice. It turned out to be such a blessing for both of us.

Mrs. Patsy was her teacher this year. She is one of our elder's wives and Charlotte just adores her. She told me on several occasions that she wished she lived with Mrs. Patsy. I know that Charlotte will miss her next year, but she still gets to see her at church 3 times a week!
I didn't think much about this being the last day of preschool until I pulled into the parking lot and it just hit me. This is it. My last time to ever pick up one of my kids from preschool. It's the beginning of the end of possible the best season of my life so far and it just makes my heart ache. We got back into the car and I just couldn't hold back the tears.
The next Sunday was their official "graduation" and of course there were more tears. They sang some songs and they they each received their certificate. When their name was called they got to get their certificate and tell what they wanted to be when they grow up. There were some nurses, vets, fireman and then Charlotte's "gymnast." Of course.






Her best friend Whitney registered that next week and we took the girls on a fun "big girl" day to celebrate both of them being ready for kindergarten! We got pedicures first.

And, had lunch at a "big girl" restaurant aka anywhere that's NOT chick fil a! Ha! Apparently pedicures make you super hungry because they both chowed down on a huge burger! And to top it off, it was a beautiful day and we sat outside. The girls were perfect and acted all grown up in their own little conversation (which happens too often these days).

No comments: