Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mothers Day 2015

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year. Saturday was rainy and yucky outside which meant that all of our ball activities were canceled. So we stayed in all day in our jammies and played and cleaned and rested. It was a much needed "down day" for all of us! 

Sunday was a perfect day! We went to church and came home and had lunch. I know that we could have gone out to eat, but I love that at home we can sit in our jammies, and take our time with lunch and to me that's about as good as it gets. Plus the kids love the "big lunch!" I made our favorite roast and carrots, hashbrown casserole, green beans and rolls which is such an easy meal -- all of it is made ahead of time, so Sunday was a breeze. Matt took care of dessert and we were all set. 

I love these 3 so much. I cannot imagine my life without them. I knew from such a young age that I wanted to grow up and be a mom, and these 3 have made that dream come true. Only it's much, much better than I ever imagined.....and harder, more frustrating, more joyful, more challenging, more wonderful too!

After lunch the kids game me their cards. I love the sweet thoughts they've written in them. I always tell Matt that I just want thoughtful, handwritten cards for Mother's day because the gifts will get used up or eventually worn out, but the cards I will keep and treasure forever. I know that one day when they are grown I will love seeing their sweet handwriting and remembering what they thought about their mom at these young ages. 

And, they gave me a gift certificate to my favorite spot for a pedicure and some alone time. :)

Harrison had made a gift at school that he game me as well.....and he totally stole the show! The sweet writing, drawing, and cards were perfect.




After cards we had cake from Ricks for dessert. So yummy!
This boy. He has the sweetest heart.
I got a set of these notecards -- the picture Harrison drew.

No comments: