Wednesday, May 23, 2007

5 Months Old!

Yesterday Harrison was 5 months old. Where has the time gone? Those first couple of weeks were such a haze of sleepless nights and feedings -- I thought I'd never survive them. But, then we settled into our routine and the days are just flying by! I want to stop time and hold onto them, store these precious moments and be able to relive them years from now. As tough as it can seem at times, I've decided that these really are the best years of my life. How could it get any better than this?
Harrison is still the happiest not-so-little baby. He probably weighs about 18lbs by now. He can roll onto his tummy & when he feels like it, roll back. He's started this new move on his tummy where he kicks his legs (like a crawling motion) then stops and pushes up straight on his arms, then starts over again. He can do this FOREVER. I think he might be slimming down some from all the exercise. He loves to play in his exersaucer and bounce up and down. He loves to play patty-cake. He smiles at me first thing in the morning and wakes up so happy. He's discovered his feet, but can't get them past his big tummy into his mouth. He like sweet potatoes and squash, but isn't so fond of peas. He puts everything in his mouth -- hands, toys, burpers, clothes, my hand, etc. He's growing so fast & changing so much. He does something new practically every day!
Today on the way home from the gym, Harrison was squealing in the car and making all kinds of cute sounds. Well, Madeleine started mimicking him and making little cute sounds for him. He thought it was sooooo funny. He started laughing and then she started laughing. It was music to my ears to hear them laughing together in the back of the car. That's the first time they've really shared their own little joke and laughed at each other. I wish I'd had my camera.

No comments: