Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Madeleine Grace



I thought it would be fun to post an update on Madeleine and what she's doing. I usually post about Harrison, since he's doing new stuff daily, but I wanted to share what my little girl has been up to as well. I am continually amazed by how much she's growing up! She's become such a little girl and it's so fun to watch her play and see all the imagination she has!

*She rarely takes a nap anymore, so this has become "our" time each day --- we read, watch TV, color, play games, all the stuff it's hard to do with Harrison around. Sometimes we just snuggle on the couch and "talk" which I think I love the most. I love to hear what she's got to say and see how her little mind works. :)

*Her favorite shows are: Little Bear, Franklin, and, of course, the Backyardigans! She LOVES Tasha and mimics her dance moves! It's so cute! (and I have to admit that I've found myself singing along with them many times as well!)

*She is really into "writing" and will sit and copy the letters I've made for her for hours!

*She loves to help me cook and is great at washing the veggies in the sink.

*She will not wear pants! I have to make her wear them when we go out, but she'll drop her drawers as soon as we get in the door!

*She is really into dressing up -- especially as a princess. She'll prance around the house in her costumes all day.

*She's quite a priss of a girl -- she likes to paint her nails, look in the mirror, etc. But, she can kick a soccer ball and hit a golf ball like a pro too.

*She's determined that she's going to see snow this year! She asks daily if it's going to snow and I haven't had the heart to tell her that warm weather is just around the corner.

*She love to help me clean -- she begs me to swiffer the floors and dust the furniture.


*Hard as it was, she's given up her paci!

*She is my sweet eating girl. This girl loves donuts, ice cream, marshmellows, etc. But, she'll also eat PLAIN steamed broccoli, carrots and green beans. She only likes them fresh, not from a can.

*Her favorite place to go is Mimi's house. She TELLS me daily "just a couple more days and we're going to Mimi's house." Thankfully, she doesn't really have a sense of time yet. ;)

*She loves going to Bible Class. Matt and I have been teaching her class on Sundays and it's been such a joy to teach/watch her learn those Old Testament stories.

*She takes such good care of Harrison. She's definitely a born Mommy!

*She loves to cut. She'll sit and cut out little pieces of paper for hours, then glue them on another paper.

I realize this got a bit long, but I wanted to post this so I'll remember all the things she's doing. I think 3 1/2 is my favorite age with her so far! It's definitely the easiest and a lot of fun.





2 comments:

Shannon said...

I can't believe how big your kids have gotten! I wanted to tell you what a blessing your parents have been to me. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

My daughter is around this age and I agree. It def. is a fun time! Bless you