Monday, February 9, 2009

Turning 30

This year I celebrated my birthday in the most perfect way! The weekend before my birthday Matt and I were able to spend the weekend in Tulsa, sans kids, which was such a nice treat!

Then, on my actual birthday we celebrated as a family with dinner at one of our favorite places -- Red Robin. We had a great meal and the kids were perfect, which is a gift itself!


Then after dinner we headed home for some cake!! Matt ordered me the MOST BEAUTIFUL cake that I've ever had and it was sooooo yummy too!

Madeleine was excited to help with putting the candles on the cake. She wanted to put 30 on there, but daddy was able to talk her into a few less. hahaha Didn't want to set the house on fire. :)








After dinner it was time for some presents.....what do you get a gal that celebrating such a monumental birthday, you ask???? Well, Matt let me have a little shopping spree at my favorite store, Ann Taylor Loft, check out this haul!

He also sent me some beautiful flowers!

And, I got a copy of my FAVORITE TV show! Yep, I'm a closet Gilmore Girls fan! I like having something to watch when I run and this is great!
Matt also picked out some "smell-good" items, too.

Madeleine picked out this coffee mug for me.....which I LOVE and use everyday. She told matt that it had to be pink -- Love that!!!
The next day (yes, our birthday celebrations last and last, haha) my parents came up to celebrate with me! They took us to dinner at our new favorite mexican spot -- Abuelos -- which is soooooo good!! We had such a pleasant dinner since Mr. Mess decided to nap through the entire meal. :)



Then we went back and I got the MOST awesome present from them. Something I've been wanting, dreaming of for YEARS. It really deserves a post all of it's own (and will get one). Let me just say that I'm thinking of naming it.....because when you love something as much as I love this, it really should have a name.......

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You've got me curious! What is it? What is it?? Glad you had such a great birthday!