Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Valentine's Date

The night before Valentine's Day, Matt and Madeleine had a special valentine date. She was SOOOOO excited and looked forward to it all week long!! She told me that she HAD to wear a dress and wanted to put on some makeup/perfume too -- so cute. Matt came home with a balloon, flower, and stickers for her and then they headed out.

They went to Madeleine's favorite "real" restaurant -- The Marketplace. She was so proud to be having a night with just her and dad. I think this smile says it all!!!!



You can't go to The Marketplace without getting this fabulous dessert -- Chocolate Mess. It's Madeleine's favorite. Yum!

She told me later that she licked the cup clean......I hope that's not true, but somehow I'm afraid it is.
After dinner they went one of her favorite places, Barnes and Noble. That girl could spend HOURS looking at books (just like her mommy!). Matt let her play and look to her little hearts content. She came home so happy. They both had such a good time, I think it might become a tradition around here.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

My girls have the same outfit, a lot smaller though. It is the best deal I have ever found. I got them each for $4 at Macy's at a sale!!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. What a good daddy! :) Speaking of daddy....I get to see yours pretty often at PV. :)