Friday, June 26, 2009

And Baby Makes Five....

We're excited to be expecting a new addition to our family!! I'm due on Jan. 21 -- right about my birthday which makes me about 10 1/2 weeks right now. I can't believe how fast it's going too!!

This time around has been sooooo different! I'm sure I've never been this tired in my life! Ha! I guess it's just preparing me for what next winter/spring will be like. :) I'm already looking forward to hitting the second trimester and hopefully having more energy and some appetite. Right now I'm pretty much living on fruit and string cheese (which I normally think is disgusting -- the cheese that is.)

To say that Madeleine is excited would be an understatement! She talks about the baby a LOT. When we told her we were going to have a baby she immediately said "I want a BABY SISTER!" We explained that God will give us what he thinks we should have and we will love it. She thought for a minute and said "Well, can I pray about it at night ...... for a sister?" How sweet is that!! Her nightly prayers usually consist of her asking God for her to be a good big sister and Harrison to be a good big brother and then praying for a little sister! We never fed her any of that -- she came up with all of it on her own!

When I went to the dr. today the heartbeat was in the 170s so maybe she'll get her wish! I have had a feeling from day one that it's a girl, but I can honestly say that I don't care AT ALL. I have one of each so this is just icing on the cake!

7 comments:

Brian and Katie Whitt said...

congratulations again! and thank goodness you won't be in your third trimester during the summer!

Kelly B. said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting!

Rachel said...

Congrats! That is wonderful news! I am so happy for all of you!

Rachel Moore

Allison said...

What great news! Congratulations to you all!!

~aj~ said...

Wow, what wonderful news!!!!

I am super excited and can't wait to give you a great big hug.

Are you back in town this week?

Jamie said...

Thrilled for you guys! Congratulations!

Amanda said...

Congrats!