Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend In Little Rock

This weekend we traveled down to LR to celebrate my dad's birthday. The kids were so excited to get to Mimi and Grandad's house! Madeleine has been counting down the days until his birthday, since she knows her's is next!! :)

We had an amazing dinner of chicken, beef and shrimp fajitas, which Harrison refused to eat. He laid on the dining room floor during the entire meal refusing to eat anything until the cake came out! Stubborn little guy.

They helped blow out the candles.
I think Madeleine actually blew out most of them. Hahaha.

Harrison happy after having him some cake. I have to say it was GOOD cake from Blue Cake and definitely worth all those calories I'll be burning on my treadmill this week. :)
Sweet girl. Happy to be at Mimi's. I didn't take a lot of pics of Madeleine since she spent pretty much the ENTIRE weekend playing with my old barbies.
Friday we went to Rock Creek Church to play in their HUGE tube play area! I was amazed at how high the kids went. When we were there in March they would hardly go off the ground level -- this time they got so high that Harrison couldn't find his way out and I had to go get him.


After playing, lunch and Harrison's nap, the kids helped Mimi do some cleaning. Actually I think Harrison vaccumed their entire house this weekend with his play vaccum. If only it was real....
Does it look like he's having a good time?????
Harrison and Grandad have started a little bedtime tradition when we're there. They curl up in bed and Grandad reads Little Black Sambo to him. This was his book when he was little and I remember it being read to me as well. Harrison looooves this book! When he gets tired he goes and gets the book and brings it to Grandad and off they go. When they're finished reading he just curls up and goes to sleep. When I ask him who he's going to sleep with at Mimi's house he ALWAYS replies "Grandad.....and read Tiger book." I think he really looks forward to this.


Saturday we spent the morning checking out the toys at Toy Up. And, we can't go to LR without a stop at Purple Cow for a Purple Milkshake! So we headed there for lunch where both of my kids downed an entire kids milkshake! They ARE so good.
Yummy!

Check out those purple lips.
We headed home after church on Sunday, with both kids crying for Mimi and Grandad. But, by the time we got home they were ready to get out and play and have been crazy all evening!

1 comment:

Brian and Katie Whitt said...

do your kids normally clean the house naked? ;)
it looks like you all had a great weekend! one of my favoite shakes at the purple cow is a peanut butter and jelly shake. don't knock it til you try it!