Saturday, June 6, 2009

Friday Night Fun

We celebrated the beginning of summer with a night on the town last night! We started out with dinner at Mimi's at the Promenade -- YUMMY! I got to get my favorite Asian Chicken Salad and Matt got him some ribs. After dinner we decided we definitely needed to get out and walk off a little bit of that dinner, so off we went....

Our first stop was the super-cute train they have up there on the weekends. It's the perfect kid-size train and I'm sure we looked pretty comical all crammed into one train car! :) We ended up riding twice since it was such fun! Harrison LOVED it when the conductor blew the whistle and the kids waved at everyone we passed.
Checking out an airplane in the sky.


Then it was on to the playground for more fun. They both took right off! Thankfully it wasn't really crowded and they had lots of room to run! I love to see how much fun my children have together. They are so happy playing just the two of them. They're favorite game outside is "help" where Madeleine pretends to be falling and Harrison has to save her!

Save me!!!!
This is Harrison's new Pirate Face. He walked around yelling "Walk the Plank" and pretending he was a pirate (one of his favorite games to play!).
Then it was inside for a carousel ride. This was Madeleine's favorite part! She always chooses the same horse -- the sparkle one. We were the only ones on the ride and they gave us some extra time. I think we were all a little ready for it to stop when it did! :)



Of course we had to end the night with some ice cream!! We stopped by DQ where Madeleine got her favorite Dilly Bar and Harrison enjoyed an ice cream cone that he actually ate top to bottom, instead of his usual way -- bottom first!
We stopped to throw some pennies in the fountain on our way to the car. I think they would have stayed there all night just enjoying the fountain.

I think it was the perfect evening and the perfect way to welcome summer. I am actually feeling like we'll have a little bit of summer this year, since Matt's going to get to be home (and by home I mean work in Fayettevillle) ALL SUMMER instead of spending a month in LR. Hurray!!!

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

I love nights like that. I think we'll have to follow your lead and spend the evening at the Promenade sometime soon. Loved all your pics!