Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How We Spend Our Afternoons

Madeleine's first question when she gets in the car in the afternoons is "can we go outside? Pllllleeeeease?" I think her need for outside time MIGHT have something to do with the meager 15 minute recess they have....yes, I'm still not over that. :(

So, everyday we spend the first couple of hours at home playing outside or at the pool. We've enjoyed the pool so much this summer and I realized that I hadn't posted any pics of that yet. So, get ready, there's quite a few!

We have a great pool in our neighborhood! First, it has a zero grade entry so the kids can happily play without me worrying too much. The entire pool is only 3ft. at it's deepest, so there are rarely big kids since we don't have a diving board. It also helps that we live only 2 houses from the pool, so even quick trips are easy. :) And, the view is AMAZING!



Harrison absolutely loves to ride on our backs around the pool. He'll swim if we make him (see below pics) but he's not too happy about it. :)

Madeleine is our cautious one and stays only where she can touch the bottom. She won't even try to come where she can't touch with us.





2 comments:

~aj~ said...

I would be there every single day! You are so lucky to have that right next door!

Carrie M. said...

No mom suit (swimsuit) pictures to post? Chicken. :) Just kidding. Seriously, trying on mom swimsuits was one of the most tramatic things that I have done to my self esteem! :)