Monday, August 17, 2009

Kindergarden Orientation

Last week we went to meet Madeleine's kindergarden teacher! I think she's going to have a great year. Her classroom looked so nice and fun and she's getting more excited by the minute! She was excited to get there and wasn't apprehensive at all. I thought I was excited too....until we walked through the doors and I felt the tears coming. There's no hope for Wedensday; I'm just packing the keenex. :)

Her teacher told her that she'll be able to read enough by the time the baby gets here that she can read it a book! That made her day! :) I know she looks unhappy here, but she just didn't want her picture taken. She sat and looked at books while Matt and I talked to the teacher -- such a model student already. :)

I was also excited to learn that they generally won't have homework. The teacher said that they are EXHAUSTED by 3 and just need to go home and play! Yay! And, I somehow ended up being the room mom for the year, so I'll be up there helping out too.
Checking out all the crayons. They are sorted by color and Madeleine had to count all the boxes.
After meeting the teacher we filled up on some yummy BBQ and headed out to check out the playground. I still can't believe that they only get 15 minutes a day of recess.....hmmmm, maybe that's why AR is one of the most obese states??? We'll defnitely be spending the first hour at home in the afternoon OUTSIDE! This girl is so kinestic. She's got to have some run-time to keep her happy.
They do have a GREAT playground! Just her size and she had such fun exploring it. I keep reminding her that she'll get to play on it every day when school starts!

Just so you know Harrison was there....don't you love those eyes. Even with my simple digital camera they make me melt!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow! I'm excited for Madeleine! She's going to do so great!

~aj~ said...

Several things to say on this one...

15 minutes of recess?! They'll hardly have time to get out there, let alone have time to play on all the fun equipment. That's just wrong.

I can SO see you being the room mom. I'm glad you're going to be involved with that. I think it'll be great for you and Madeleine.

Harrison's eyes = gorgeous!

You take those Kleenex and you call me if you need me! I'm sure I'll be a wreck come next August. We'll be praying for you both!