Sunday, March 7, 2010

Celebrating Baby Charlotte

Yesterday my sweet WONDERFUL friends from church hosted a shower for Charlotte. It was so nice to have a little party to celebrate just her. I really can't say enough how much it meant to me to have them do this for Charlotte.

Here's the guest of honor. She was a perfect doll during the party! She slept for just a bit then woke up to take it all in and soak up all the attention.
These girls did such a great job of planning a fun, special morning.
The food was FANTASTIC! We had a delicious quiche, yummy cheese grits, sausage rolls and fruit. And there were strawberry cupcakes for dessert along with nuts and mints! I'm so thankful they sent leftovers home with me for dinner -- we ate every yummy bit that night!

And, what a cute idea for a centerpiece -- one I'll be stealing in the future, I'm sure! Each rose was in it's own vase. Loved it!

After brunch, all the guests filled out a little quiz about Charlotte and it gave everyone there a chance to get to know a little more about her. What a neat idea -- isn't my friend AJ clever???
One of the hostesses was Ms. Joyce -- she was a hostess at MY baby shower and my mom even brought a picture of that to show! How special that she'd be a hostess at Charlotte's shower as well.

Here's my sweet friend AJ who -- bravely -- had the shower at her house! She's pregnant with her third little boy and they just sold their house and are getting ready to move! I still don't know how she does all that she does!
It was such a special day for us! I am so thankful to have these girls in my life -- they have been such a blessing to me since moving here. With Matt gone so much, I have a lot of LOOOONG days and playdates/bunco nights/girls nights out have helped me survive! I really believe that God answered a prayer with these friends!

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

Awww, this made me teary! So glad to have you and your ENTIRE family in our lives. We are so blessed!

P.S. I got a couple of REALLY cute pics yesterday...I'll email them to you today!