Thursday, March 25, 2010

Charlotte at 2 Months

The time is just passing by too quickly for this momma! I can't believe that my little girl is already 2 months old. She's getting so big and changing every day. I think that she's about 10 1/2 lbs -- we haven't gone in for her "official" 2 month checkup yet, but that's what she weighed when we were there last friday. She's gotten the cutest little rolls this month and has quite the double chin! She has AMAZING head control for a 2 month old and can sit up with me holding just her back very well. She loves to sit up and look around -- and even loves the Bumbo. She has constant entertainment with her sister and brother around. :)

She's just this week found her hands and loves to look at them and suck on them. I'm TRYING to get her to like her paci, but so far she only will take it occasionally. Boo. Both Madeleine and Harrison loooooved their pacis, so I'm hoping eventually Miss Charlotte will too.

She is still such a happy baby. Thankfully, the colic is mostly gone and she really only cries if she's hungry. Every one in awhile, she'll let out a good wail as if to say, "Mom, I'm here -- pick me up!" Ha! Otherwise, she's very content. She loves for us to talk to her. She immediately smiles when I start talking to her or pick her up. And, she loves to talk back to me! She will coo and coo -- more than either Madeleine or Harrison ever did! I guess she's already figured she'll have to speak up if she wants to be heard around here!!! :)

I love this little girl so much! She's so sweet and I'm sure we've spoiled her by how much we're holding her. I think that now I've realized that the time does pass so quickly and in just a matter of months they are wanting independence and are less content to just let you hold them. So, I'm taking full advantage of my time with her. There are days when Harrison and Madeleine are both at school that I just sit and rock my baby. I know that that time could not be any better spent & I'll never get those moments back so I'd better enjoy them now. I also have realized that those memories are some that are entirely mine and a part of me really loves that too.

Here's Miss Charlotte at 2 months
I found this picture when I was loading all my pics onto my computer. How funny is this --- I'm guessing Madeleine hijacked my camera and took this! So cute. She's going to be such a good mommy one day.

How much do I love this double chin!

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

I just adore that sweet Charlotte of yours. What a precious addition she has made to your family!

And the photo Miss Madeleine took made me laugh out loud! :)