Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Recap -- Part 1

This past weekend was such fun! We headed to Little Rock so I could go to my sister's shower at our church there. I wasn't able to go to the first shower, so I was so excited about getting to go to this one! But, as excited as I was, I think there was a little girl in our house that was even MORE excited! Madeleine has been talking about this shower for weeks. She picked out the dress she was going to wear days ago & it had to be perfect. :)

But, I'm getting out of order. Our fun weekend started Friday. First came the not-so-fun packing part. Packing for 3 and with 3 is anything but easy. I always forget that babies need so much stuff! There are diapers, bottles, burpers, extra clothes, the travel swing, and on and on and on! And, Madeleine & Harrison are now big enough that they always want to pack some of their stuff to take as well -- trains for Harrison and polly pockets for Madeleine this time.

Trying to keep them occupied but not making a mess while I pack is a feat in itself. Thankfully, Madeleine was at school that morning & Harrison happily played with the train track I'd make him. Miss Charlotte just hung out, happy as ever.

Finally, we were loaded and ready to go! We picked up Madeleine at school (one of her favorite things is getting check out early since she gets to go to the office) and swung by Chick Fil A and grabbed some lunch before picking up Matt. Matt's school had conferences that day & he was finished at 1, so we were able to get an early start. I managed to feed Charlotte in the parking lot before we left and we made it to Searcy before she got hungry again.

Our first stop was Grammy & Pop's house to have dinner with them & get a chance to visit. Grammy knew just what the kids love & had pizza followed by strawberries with whipped cream. Yum! It was great to just sit around and chat while the kids played. After dinner Uncle Ben and Aunt Pat came by to meet sweet Charlotte for the first time and it was wonderful to see them!

It was the perfect start to our weekend and I wish we could have stayed longer.

No comments: