Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Weekend Recap -- Part 2

After spending some time with Matt's family, we got back in the car and headed down to Little Rock. When we arrived, Sugar, Stewart & our friend Ashley were at the house waiting on us! I took a few picture when we first arrived and then didn't bring out my camera again until the shower. :( I have to add here that the kids just loooooove Stewart, or "stewie" as they call him. And, Madeleine has become the queen of the photo pop-in. She's in almost ALL of my pics from the weekend. :)
Saturday morning was spent running errands while Matt & Grandad took the kids to the toystore, bookstore and McDonalds for some fun time! One of the reasons I wanted to go to LR this weekend was so that my Mammy could meet Charlotte for the first time -- and then I didn't even get a picture of them together. Bad me! I definitely will be getting some during the wedding weekend next month. Sweet Charlotte got some major lovin' this weekend. Mammy is so great with babies (having had 4 & then having 8 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren). Also, Ashley cuddled with miss Charlotte all weekend as well; she has quite the touch with putting her to sleep. Needless to say, she's missing all that attention this week! :)
Saturday afternoon while the kids napped, Sharon, Ashely & I did a bit of shopping. After stopping to exchange some bridesmaid shoes, we headed over to Charming Charlies. I LOVE this store. It's amazing! Please, please send one to NWA. Please! If you've never been in one.....it's mostly an accessories store that is HUGE and sorted by color. And the best part is that everything is extremely affordable!

Saturday evening my Aunt Lila and cousin Kristen came into town to visit and go to Sharon's shower the next day. It's been forever since I'd seen them and it was so great to catch up.

Sunday was the big day! After a wonderful worship experience at PV that morning and a quick lunch of yummy BBQ it was time to get ready for the shower.

I took a zillion pictures at the shower, but I'm only posting a few. I'll let Sharon put the rest up.

Here we are outside Ms. Kathy's house. I really like this picture....finally a picture where we both look good. :) On a side note, notice how the quality of my pictures gets better from here on???? That's from a new camera!!!!!
Here's Sharon with Kristen, Aunt Lila and Madeleine.

Mammy, Me, Madeleine, Sharon and Mimi.
The flowers at the shower were AMAZING. Absolutely AMAZING! Sharon's using hot pink and clover green in the wedding and all the flowers were done in those colors. If you look closely, you can see come of their engagement pics here.

The beautiful table and more beautiful flowers!

They had a huge shower. She opened gifts the entire time and then 30 minutes past when the shower ended. I think I still have writers cramp from writing all of them down for her. :) I'm looking forward to our next trip down there when I can see everything all nicely displayed. What a wonderful weekend!

No comments: