Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Party

While Charlotte napped today I got ready for our family Halloween dinner tonight. I'm not a big fan of Halloween, but the kids love it and I want it to be fun and special for them. So, I thought it would be fun to do a themed dinner tonight. And, yes, I know I'm no fun for not loving Halloween. It's just not my favorite holiday -- it's probably my least favorite, in fact. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas the most and I love love love fall.
 
For the record -- all the Halloween is going down on Thursday and Christmas is going up next week! :) But, I digress. Today was all about Halloween at our house. I told the kids when they left for school this morning that we'd have a surprise tonight when they got home. And they were thrilled to walk in and find this. 



 It was fun and simple and easy to do. I think I spent all of $12 on decorations. :) I made a simple dinner -- Boo-Ziti, Salad, and Ghost crescents. :) The crescents were a huge hit! I'll definitely be doing those again next year more than once.
 And, for dessert I made spider cakes. Harrison was complaining last week that we only do pumpkins for Halloween and why can't we do spiders and mummies, etc. So, I made these little spider cakes just for him. The kids LOVED them.
 And, they made for some funny dessert time and conversation.



 After dinner, we had a dance party in the living room. I put on our favorite Halloween CD -- seriously this is such a cute CD! The kids have loved listening to it all season, even though it's pretty hokie. :)

I bought glow sticks/bracelets and we turned out the lights and turned up the Monster Mash and danced in the dark. It was a blast! There was even a conga line. :) Such a fun way to lead into the big day tomorrow!

No comments: