Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

We had a fun and busy Valentine's Day this year. The work began the week before -- getting Valentine's ready for the kids to take to school. The kids picked out some that they liked and we got them printed up and ready to go -- what did I do before pinterest? :)
 
I also did something for all the teachers from the PTO on V-Day. I had these bag toppers printed up and then filled them with candy and a heart saying it was from the PTO. I think they turned out pretty cute. 

 Madeleine picked out PopRocks valentines. I had the tops printed up and we added the candy. My kids had never had PopRocks before and they loved them. :) They were also quite the hit of her class too -- lots of kids had never had them and thought they were so fun!  
 Harrison is big-time into Star Wars right now and he chose these Star Wars Valentines that I had printed and we inserted glow sticks into. It worked out great since his class has several kids with allergies and it was nice to give something that wasn't food that they could enjoy.
 The actual day was so fun! Charlotte and I had to go get my oil changed at Walmart first thing that morning, so we did some last minute shopping while we waited. Then we headed home and got busy making cookies. It's a fun tradition that we always make cut out cookies at each holiday. Sometimes it's all the kids and sometimes just one or two of them. Today it was just me and Charlotte.

I found this picture of me making valentine cookies when I was 2....
 And here is Charlotte at just barely 3 doing the same thing. She loved getting to do all of the cutting and help with the rolling -- it was fun to have that time just the 2 of us.
 Then we made some cupcakes for dessert that night. Charlotte loved licking the beaters!
 While she took a well earned nap, I got to work setting up for dinner that night. It wasn't fancy, but I think it turned out cute.
 
 
 
 I wanted to do something easy for dinner, so we had a heart-shaped pizza and salad. We all went around during dinner and told what was loved about each other -- probably a little corny, but it was so sweet to hear what the kids had to say.
 The kids couldn't wait for Daddy to get home so they could check out their gifts! Harrison got a new Star Wars toy.
 Madeleine added to her Lego Friends collection.
 And Charlotte got her own little Lego set (so hopefully she'll leave Madeleine's alone now). She is obsessed with the Lego girls, especially Olivia so now she has her own.
 Harrison remembered that he had something for me in his backpack that night. I got 2 valentines that he made and I love them!
 
It was such a fun, simple evening and a great way to celebrate how much we all love each other!

No comments: