Monday, December 16, 2013

Baking Fun

While we were snowed in we made homemade play dough one day. We did both peppermint and gingerbread and they made the house smell wonderful! The kids have had the best time with this stuff-- it lasts so much longer than regular play dough and the consistency is much better. 

A random picture of Harrison decorating the tree this year.
The kids helped me unwrap caramels while I made turtles this year -- I think they only snuck a few. :)
We made thumbprints -- some with and some without nuts! They were quite a hit and the kids kept calling them "fingerprints." Made me laugh every time!

After all that gingerbread play dough -- they started asking for "real" gingerbread cookies. I gave them a try for the first time and, surprisingly, they loved them. Especially Charlotte. She is not at all my sweet eater -- she pretty much only likes ice cream -- but she loved these! They will definitely be made again!

No comments: