Tuesday, April 22, 2014

First Dentist Visit





Charlotte had her first dentist visit last week! I'd been talking it up for several days and trying to make it sound exciting. Madeleine was going in as well, so I was hoping that she'd think it was a "big girl" thing to do!

She did great! I was so thankful! With little ones, it can really go either was sometimes. :) And, Harrison had a really bad gag reflex that made dentist visits really hard and I was really hoping that Charlotte would not have that -- and she did amazing! They all loved her in there (of course, right?!). She let them clean her teeth and take some x-rays. The only thing she wanted was for me to sit by her and hold her hand. No problem, sweet girl!

She had no cavities which is great too! She has a crazy bite like Harrison that we'll have to watch and eventually fix, but for now all is good. One funny thing -- when the dentist came in she put something all over Charlotte's teeth and from then on Charlotte kept saying "that girl with the ponytail put yucky stuff on my teeth." Yes, that "girl with the ponytail" that spent years in school to become the dentist. Ha! I guess she wasn't impressed but certainly remembered the ponytail and the yucky stuff.


We ended up having to wait on Madeleine for a bit and Charlotte happily sat by me and played with some blocks. It could not have gone any better -- and as an added bonus, Madeleine was cavity free as well and she got her spacer taken off too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In my opinion, the first visit to the dentist is always the most critical one. Thankfully, it turned out to be great for Charlotte and also for Madeleine, as they weren't averse to it and both received a good result. You must be one proud mommy!

Billie Adams @ Peak Family Dentistry