Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sonic, Fun and Friends

 We had a great day today! I feel like I'm finally caught up from Matt being gone alllllll week last week and Charlotte and I were ready to get out and have some fun today. Our first stop was Sonic to celebrate Tax Day -- can't pass up 1/2 price drinks all day long.
 We had to run a couple of final errands to get ready for Easter this weekend and then we headed to Charlotte's "happy place" -- the tumble place a the mall. She would spend every morning there if I would let her!  We ended up with a last minute playdate with Whitney when they met up with us there. The kids played and jumped while Whitney's mom Sharon & I caught up. After tumbling we headed over to McAllisters for lunch (because we needed a change from our usual ChickFilA). The girls were so good and we sat in the back and talked almost until time for us to go to tumbling.

Love these sweet girls!
We left lunch and headed back to the mall for Charlotte's tumbling lesson. I keep promising myself that I'll do an entire post on her crazy tumbling skills. I even took my big camera to get some good video today. But, right now they are working on front walkovers and honestly it's just not too exciting to watch. :) Joe told her today that since he's only giving her a "little" spot on the back handsprings on the mat, she's ready to do her back handspring on the trampoline on her own so that was pretty exciting. They also did a really neat round-off back handspring drill that she loved so I have a feeling that we will be up there practicing that some this week. :) 

The rest of our afternoon was pretty normal -- picked up the kids, homework, dinner and then I got the kids ready for bed while Matt tutored a high schooler from Farmington. 

Tomorrow is Hump Day! Almost Easter weekend!

No comments: