Sunday, January 4, 2015

Family Friday

Friday was the final day of our Winter Break. It's been so much fun and I've enjoyed having everyone home. It was nice to not have any type of schedule and get to just spend some time together as a family. 

After New Years Eve and the kids staying up so late and not really sleeping all that late, we put them in bed super early on Thursday night! They all wanted to sleep in Harrison's bed and by 8:00 they were all OUT. Matt and I were close behind them -- staying up to ring in the New Year was tough on these early bedtimers! Ha! I snapped this pick of them all in the bed just snoring away. 
 We had a "home day" on Friday We watched movies and played in our PJs. It was a great way to end the break. I turned my phone off for much of the day and we focused on the kids. It was perfect.
I think everyone will be ready to head back to school on Monday. I know that as great as our break was, I'm ready to get back into a schedule and I think the kids are too. Poor Charlotte doesn't go back to school until the following week, and she's already asking about going back -- she's ready too. This is the first time in 8 years that Matt's had a good Christmas break and I can even tell that he's ready to get back in the swing of things -- which is a first for him. It's amazing what some good family time and rest can do, huh?

No comments: