Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Weekend In LR

We packed up after Harrison's basketball game and headed to Little Rock for a quick trip this past weekend. Thankfully he had an 8:15 game that morning so we were actually in LR by lunchtime. We arrived to a super yummy lunch that Mimi had made for all of us! 

Sharon, Stewart and Cormac were there all day with us and the kids had such a fun time! The big kids played Legos at the kitchen table pretty much all day -- so fun to see them playing with our old legos. Just goes to show that the best toys can last for generations. :) 

This little one spent most of the day playing with Cormac, She never gets tired of "mothering" him and he's pretty crazy about her. Charlotte is such a little mother -- she plays with her dolls constantly -- and having a real life little one to play with is about as good as it gets for her!
We also celebrated my birthday that weekend! I was super surprised with presents and my favorite ice cream cake (that we can't get here in F'ville). My parents shocked me and got me a pair of REAL wellies! I love them! They are super comfy and I know that I will get so much wear out of them during these cold, wet months. It's not often that I'm surprised by a gift but these took me completely by surprise!!
My sister got me this adorable print that I've already picked out the perfect place for in our home. It is just perfect and I love it! Another awesome surprise!
It was a quick weekend -- we had to leave at the end of church on Sunday to get Madeleine back to our church for her Lads to Leaders Mass Media event. But, I'm so thankful that we were able to squeeze in a trip. It seems our weekends right now are full from start to finish and I'm thinking that won't change any time soon.

No comments: