Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Sunday Supper

After a break for a few weeks due to other happening, we started back with our Sunday Supper tradition this week. I wanted to take a picture of the first supper of the new year. 

We've been doing this for almost 18 months and it's one of my favorite parts of the week! The kids call it "The Big Lunch" and look forward to it as much as Matt & I. 

Sure, it takes some planning and some time on Saturday  to make it happen, but I love that we all sit around the table and talk about what the kids learned in Bible Class that day, talk about our upcoming week and sometimes just act silly. Our lunches can last for quite a while, and it's a great way to connect. We have some very interesting conversation about church and our beliefs and I love seeing what they are learning through their eyes. (On a side note, last fall Harrison learned about the Northern & Southern Kingdoms in the OT and I was truly amazing at the Bible knowledge he came home with. He knew those kings by name, whether they were good or bad and what they did during their reign. I'm constantly impressed and thankful that our church places such importance on teaching our children the Bible and giving them good Bible knowledge.)

Sunday we had one of our favorite meals -- it's one that everyone LOVES which is always a win in my book! We had PWs Chicken Pot Pie (with a few tweaks to lighten it up a bit), our favorite green beans and rolls. I try to keep it simple. But, I usually make dessert too. If I tried to stop making dessert now, I'm pretty sure there would be an uprising at home! Ha! The kids love it too much. I've been on a bundt cake kick lately because they are easy and so yummy. Yesterday we had Dr. Pepper bundt cake and it was great!

No comments: