Monday, September 10, 2007

Cracking Up

Harrison has found a new favorite thing to do.... he LOVES bathtime! As soon as the water starts running he crawls right in there and waits. He will squeal and laugh the entire time. After he gets out he'll turn and head right back in to watch Madeleine. I caught them in there together this past week...

After 3 months of going without her paci, Madeleine is back on the wagon. Maybe we're terrible parents, but I've just decided that it wasn't time for her to give it up -- or maybe in my state of sleep deprivation, I've totally LOST IT! 3 months ago we told the paci bye-bye and, unfortunately, along with the paci went our sweet, little happy sleeper. We've had 3 months of fighting over going to bed, going to sleep, staying asleep, staying in her bed, so finally I said enough! I'm pretty much on my own 6 nights a week since Matt really has to have an entire night of sleep on his schedule (including Friday nights since he often has a Saturday class). Since he gets up a little after 5:00, there hasn't been much sleeping going on for me lately. :( So, Thursday night I asked her if she would go to bed and stay in her bed if I gave her back the paci and fuzz. (If you didn't know -- Madeleine has fuzz that she rubbs along her face around her paci to sooth and go to sleep. You just can't have one without the other!) She said "YES!!!!!" I gave it to her and now she's happy and sleeping well. So is mommy. I figure that in time, she'll get rid of it in her own way. Here are some pictures of Madeleine and Daddy reading before bed. Her new favorite book is Horton Hatches an Egg and she can quote pages from it (12 lines per page). Of course, we think she's pretty smart -- because she is!!!


4 comments:

Jamie said...

Don't worry about the paci! I don't blame you one bit!!! I'm dreading trying to get Hannah off of hers! We may try the paci fairy idea! I'll let you know how it goes!

Little Rock Real Estate said...

I love the pics of Matt and his little girl. So cute. I will let Eric have a paci until he is 18 if it lets me get more sleep!

Anonymous said...

Love the bath pics. I don't blame you for the paci. I would do the same thing.

Anonymous said...

no paci sweetie i will come to bed with you and give you something much nicer to suck