Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day of Preschool!





Last night I said a prayer, one that many parents I'm sure have said, one that in many ways I wasn't prepared to say. I prayed that God would send my little girl a friend. That HE would watch over her, since for the first time, she would be away from me/family/church friends, and in the care of someone else. Yes, today was her first day of preschool. I know that it shouldn't be a big deal. I've been really, really looking forward to this day for a loooooong time. It's good for her. It's gonna be good for me. But, still it is a big change for our house. We've been on a waiting list for the ONLY preschool (not daycare) in cabot since January and we got the call last week that we're in and school starts today! Yikes. So, we spent the weekend scrambling to get all the stuff she needs -- they actually have a supply list-- and prep her for the big day.

She was excited! She came in our room at 4:15 this morning wide awake and never went back to sleep. She got dressed in record time, and after lots of picture taking to document this day, we were on our way. We met her teacher and she's so nice and Madeleine seemed comfortable. Then it was time for me to go. She got a little teary, but did OK. Driving away with just Harrison it seemed like something was missing. I got home and almost didn't know what to do. I spent such a large portion of my day keeping tabs on her (and what she's into!) that it felt so strange to just get my work done. I watched the clock all morning, waiting until the moment I could go get her. Funny. I couldn't wait to have some time with just Harrison and time to get "stuff" done; I guess it's just gonna take some time to find a new routine.

However, Madeleine had a blast. I think her favorite part had to be the "little" potty they had -- "just her size" as she put it. She also got to have chocolate cookies for snack and next week they start music and movement classes. So, I'm sure she's going to have a BLAST!!!!!

4 comments:

Little Rock Real Estate said...

AWWWW> That has gotta to be pretty sad. You are such a good mommy!

shelly dahl

Jamie said...

I'm glad she did so well!!! She is such a big girl!!

Anonymous said...

We were just talking about Madeleine in the hallway here at school. Kayren remarked how intelligent she is---she was here on Friday, lining up all my little toys and counting them in Spanish! Very meticulous!

Anonymous said...

Okay, that last one was me by the way. Sug!