Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Stars At Night Are Big and Bright.....

Deep in the Heart of Texas! Ok, so you can't see the stars where we were, but I had to post this line anyway.
This past weekend, Madeleine, Harrison and I went with my mom & dad to Houston. We flew down Thursday and came home late, late Sunday night. We started our trip with a visit to Matt's school to say goodbye and have breakfast with him. Although he was sad to see us go, it meant a weekend of getting sooooo much done without any distractions!


Then, we picked up my parents and headed for the airport. Madeleine was SO EXCITED! She couldn't wait to get on the plane and up in the air -- it's all she'd talked about for days. Here she is on the airplane, getting ready to take off.
And here's Harrison. I actually held him during the flight and he did great!
And here's Madeleine about 60 seconds after takeoff. She kept saying she was tired and could she close her eyes. I made her stay awake until we got off the ground, but she was asleep before we even reached the clouds! Ha! She woke up just as we reached the gate in Houston and Harrison did the same thing! Do I have great kids or what? :)
Our first stop was 59 Diner -- one of our favorite places when we lived there. Madeleine and Grandad had a "milkshape."
Yummy! My Madeleine LOVES her ice cream -- just like her daddy!
Harrison had cheerios and seemed a little upset that he can't have milk yet.

Our next stop was, of course, the mall where Madeleine found a little potty "just her size." I think it was one of the highlights of the trip for her. It doesn't take much at this age to amuse.
The mall had this amazing indoor playplace for kids. It's a one-way-in and one-way-out center with a security guard. Although timid at first, Madeleine quickly warmed up and had a blast! She climbed, slid, jumped, etc.

Here's a better view. I wish we had one of these in LR! I also found my new favorite kids store here! We wandered into a store called Crazy 8 that looked cute and found out it happened to be their first day. I remarked how much they looked like Gymboree, which I LOVE, and they said that the store is a division of Gymboree, only less expensive. They have the cutest clothes! Check out their website at www.crazy8.com. I actually went back to the mall to get more for the kids on Saturday.

Harrison had fun at the playplace as well. Look at him! He thinks he sooooo BIG!

Later that day we rode the carousel -- several times! Look at that smile -- she's having such fun.

Here's Harrison in the hotel. The kids did so amazing on the trip. It's never easy to travel with little ones, but mine were just angels. They were so sweet to each other and everyone we met.
Sunday we went to our former church. It was their 50th Anniversary celebration and it was great! Dad taught class and then they had Starbucks coffee and sweets for everyone in their courtyard. Then we had worship which was just wonderful. They said they had planned for 850, but ended up having over 1100. It was so special to see folks I haven't seen in years and let them meet my babies. It's strange to go back to places in your past. It's always nice to pause and take a walk down memory lane. It was good for me to see friends that knew me before I was both "wife" and "mommy." During church I took Harrison out to walk him around and get him to sleep. I couldn't help thinking as I walked the familiar halls, how much of who I am today is tied to that place, and those people. My youth group there was truly and extension of my family -- the first place (away from home) I felt like I could be just me and KNOW that I would still be liked and loved. They gave me confidence and helped mold me into the person I am now. It was there that I became a Christian, learned to drive a standard. It was the first place I took my very first car (a sporty red thing) and where I met my first love. It was where I made friends that still hold a very dear spot in my heart, even though I rarely see them. So it was very special to be back there.
Madeleine and Harrison had some fun playing in the nursery before we had to leave. They actually had those boat toys when I was there! :)

Sunday after church we headed back to the airport. Here's Madeleine watching for our plane.
And getting impatient about getting on!
We learned that now we really do have to buckle Harrison in the stroller. This is what he can do if we don't!
Both kids did great on the way back. Madeleine loved watching the lights out the window and Harrison slept again. Perfect! All in all, it was an amazing trip. I'm ever grateful to my mom and dad for letting us tag along and helping with the kids. I know I could NEVER have done this alone!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel! I'm so glad that you had a good time! What church did you go to? I wish I had known you would be in Houston, I would have tried to meet up with you! Have a wonderful day!

Rachel Moore

Matthew and Lindsay said...

I am so glad I found your blog!!! I have loved catching up on all your old posts. Sounds like you had a great trip!! Your kids are amazing, but that might have a little to do with who their mom and dad are. It's always fun to walk back through the past. I'm glad you got to go to such a fun event @ your "home church." Can't wait to read more about the kiddos.

Matt and Rachel said...

Glad you both found & enjoyed the blog. Lindsay -- I've been keeping up with you and your Matthew & the adventures you've been having (and I'm a bit jealous!)on your blog. Keep posting! Rachel-- let me know if you decide to start blogging -- I'd love to see new pics of your little one. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and it makes me wish I could rewind time and go with you! And I'm very happy Madeleine is now looking at the camera "like a normal person". . . Heehee!

See you this weekend! Sug

Jamie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! That playground looked REALLY cool--different from the one I saw in Jonesboro.

Anonymous said...

It looks like the kids had fun. Glad you had a good trip.

Anonymous said...

love to take her to go pee, pull down her panties, finger her pussy, let her pee, lick her clean then we have nakey fun