Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Harrison is 11 Months and Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday Harrison was 11 months old. Just one short month and we'll be gathered around him watching him attempt to blow out that one lone candle on his birthday cake. How can it be that my baby is almost ONE? He's growing by leaps and bounds every day. He's becoming so very independent and yet he still is quite a mommy's boy (can you see the smile on my face?). So, here's the monthly update:

*he still has 8 eight teeth, but it's looking like there's another one on the way -- he's gonna have a steak on his birthday! :)
*he babbles and tries to mimic the tones in our voices
*he LOVES madeleine!
*he loves all food -- cheese, yogurt, hamburgers (yep, he'll eat them), grilled cheese, turkey, fries, etc.
*his new favorite toy is a $1 ball I just bought him
*he puts everything in his mouth!
*he says "dada" "mama" and "bye-bye"
*he can wave and blow kisses (when he feels like it)
*he's still my Mr. Dimples!
*and........he took his first independent steps on tuesday! Madeleine was there to see it & greeted Matt at the door that evening, shouting "harrison can walk, harrison can walk!" We have yet to see this happen again, but it won't be long, I'm sure!
Here are some pictures of Harrison on Thanksgiving.....
We had such a fun Thanksgiving! All of my dad's family came to LR to spend the holiday with us -- that meant that there were 13 adults, 6 children (plus one on the way) and 2 dogs! WOW! It was crazy fun! Madeleine is completely exhausted -- she had such fun playing with her cousins and she is just worn out now.
Wednesday we went down and Whitney took our family pictures. They are awesome! We designed a christmas card that's going to be perfect, too. I ordered so many pictures -- it's rare that we get good pictures of BOTH of my kids. We went to this outside location and took some of them in bare feet and fancy clothes and they are gorgeous! I'll post a link later, if I can. Then Thursday we went back for the big FEAST! We had so much food -- turkey, ham, mashed potatos, sweet pot. casserole, veggies, rolls, salad, dressing, and more -- and I won't even start on the desserts we had, except to say that Whitney makes the BEST mounds candy ever! :)

Here's a pic of the feast!
We timed the meal so some of the kids were napping & we could eat a little slower and visit more. Here's madeleine enjoying her "dinner" after her nap. Yes, that's a hot dog!


After dinner, it's always naptime. Here's Harrison and Grandad napping together.
After dinner and naps the kids put on a "show" for us, which in our family = church! Yep, they conducted an entire church service, complete with prayers, communion and even a collection! It was hilarious! Madeleine was a little unsure, most of this is new to her, but we all laughed so hard! Then it was time for more pictures. Here's one I took of the kids with my parents.


All in all, it was exactly what thanksgiving should be: fun, food, and family. I have more to be thankful for than I have space on this blog, but here are a few of my tops:

*my little family: matt, madeleine and harrison. i have a wonderful husband and 2 healthy babies

*my parents are both healthy & live nearby and enjoy their grandchildren and my sister is close and loves my children as well

*matt's family is well and lives close

*we have a warm home on these coming cold winter months

*i am able to stay home and take care of my children, which is what i want to do

*we have friends and a church where we can worship

*matt has a good job and loves what he does

*my children are sweet and are growing up to love the Lord

*we have so many people who love us!

As you can see......my cup runneth over.

No comments: