Monday, November 5, 2007

What's been going on

Halloween was a blast for us! Madeleine got the hang of it very quickly and loved ringing the doorbell. Now, the problem is limiting the amount of candy she gets each day, every house gave her a handful. This picture is house #11, where Madeleine's bag got to heavy for her to carry!
This past weekend Matt had Thursday and Friday off from school. It was a much needed break for all of us & we've been planning a little get away just the two of us. We dropped the kids at my parents and early Thursday morning, we headed off to Dallas! It was a blast! We did lots of shopping and actually got most of the kids Christmas shopping done! :) We had a blast going to the outlets in Allen and shopping at Stonebriar. We ate our two fav. places -- Papisitos and Cheesecake Factory! YUMMY! I'd almost forgotten what it was like to eat a meal completely uninterrupted. :) And, to sleep uninterrupted. It's amazing what you can get accomplished on a good night of sleep. (actually, my kids are good sleepers, but with 2, someone usually wakes up/needs a paci/needs to potty/needs another kiss, etc.) I think my favorite part was doing our Christmas toy shopping. We actually needed 2 baskets to get out of Toys R Us! I also found these amazing Lulu outfits for my kids -- chocolate brown dress outfits with blue ribbons on Madeleine's and suspenders on Harrisons (they have an AWESOME Neiman's outlet in Allen). I can't wait to have their pictures in them! Then, sadly, very sadly, we came home on Saturday morning. I think one more night might have been perfect, but maybe next time!

Our favorite-- the white chocolate raspberry cheesecake!


Now we're back to the old grind. Matt's almost finished with his fall classes -- and 1/2 way to his Masters Degree, in just a year! That's amazing to me, since he's working full time and working on his National Boards, too. Harrison started standing alone A LOT yesterday. His favorite place to do this is the tub! And, he's learning the "one finger" approach to touching the things in our house. Madeleine did great with this, but I think my boy will be completely different. When we tell him "one finger" he points his "one finger" and just laughs! And it's a little "he-he-he laugh, too. Check back for updates on how the Christmas Tree experience goes! Madeleine's been getting ready at preschool for her Christmas program. She came home today singing a new song about a snowman. Check it out.....


3 comments:

Jamie said...

Okay, that video was ADORABLE!

Matthew and Lindsay said...

Awesome video! So glad you guys got to get away. I'm craving the Cheesecake Factory now, thanks. That's the last thing I need. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't know you had a blog! I just happened to see it on Lindsay's!!! I'm so excited. Now I can keep up with you guys! How are you? I see your mom and dad all the time at church and I ask about you often. Your kiddos are beautiful! Take care! Love, Shauri