Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Princess Tea Party

One of the summer events at PV is a Princess Tea Party for the little girls. What an adorable idea! All the girls came dressed in their princess finery and played games, made crafts and, of course, had tea (or in this case, pink lemonade -- much more popular). Madeleine woke up this morning and the first words out of her mouth were -- it's Princess Tea Party Day!

When we got there, the girls were given boas and crowns, which Madeleine took off after 5 minutes. :)

They made door hangers to take home, doesn't Madeleine's look cute?
Then it was time for make-up! They HAD to get all gussied up for the party!
Learning how to curtsie like a princess.
Then it was time for tea! They had little cups and plates for the girls to use. Just their size.

At first Madeleine was all lady-like......
then it was time to dig in!
Finally, they learned how to wave the "princess wave," then paraded through the church office waving at the staff. :)

What a fun day! Madeleine actually wore herself out & even took a nap--- a fun day for mom too! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How sweet is that. I can't wait to do those things with Ava. She already carries my purses around and is already a girly girl. I can't wait!!!! Congrats on selling your house! I was just telling Justin the other day what you guys were up to and how impressed I was that Matt did grad school and his National Boards at the same time. That is totally incredible!! Now that I'm done with grad school, I'm thinking about doing National Boards. Does Matt have any advice for me?